Height: 6'2"/188 cm
Weight: 203 lbs/92 kg
Shoe size: 12.5/46.5 (EU)
Measurements (chest-waist-biceps): 42-35-15 in / 106.6-88.9-38.1 cm
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Blue
Now you may not remember his name but this guy has got a potentially great future waiting for him. The rosy-cheeked Sam Smith loved to sing like since he was in diapers. The young musician was taught by a jazz singer and always admired Whitney Houston and Chaka Khan.
In a ten-year period, he changed several producers, moved to London and got a job at the bar. Exactly at the moment when Smith waved his hand at unsuccessful attempts to become famous, everything began to turn out by itself. His song Lay Me Down was noticed by managers of the electronic duo Disclosure, so a collaboration of musicians and their joint hit Latch was born.
It was followed by the partnership with another popular British, Naughty Boy, and another hit – La La La, after which Smith switched to solo work. As he himself explained more than once in an interview, he wants to tell stories with the help of songs.
At the same time, it turned out that Smith's music is the purest commercial mix of soul, dance-pop, and R'n'B. Another important issue for this British is loneliness: by the age of 20 the singer has not had a serious relationship, so he knows about the romance only by hearsay.
This explains why Sam's ballads about love are so naive. In the fateful Lay Me Down he painfully sings about how he dreams to lie down next to the object of adoration and take care of him until death parts them. On the other hand, it is these words that an average woman wants to hear, and not just a woman.
Name: Samuel Frederick Smith
Nickname: Sam, Smith, Sam Smith
Date of Birth: May 19, 1992
Place of Birth: London, England, the UK
Place of Residence: Hampstead, London, England, the UK
Zodiac sign: Taurus
Education: St. Mary’s Catholic School, Bishop’s Stortford, England
Relationships: Sam is not married. In 2014 he shocked the public by stating that he’s a gay. Since then, Smith has been hitched to Jonathon Ziezel (2014-2015), Charlie King (2015), Tom Daley (2016), and Jay Camilleri (2016). He is now dating an American actor Brandon Flynn.
Favorite food: Pistachio ice cream
Favorite color: Navy Blue
Awards and Honors:
1) Academy Award: Best Original Song (2016);
2) American Music Award: Favorite Male Artist – Pop/Rock (2014);
3) BBC Sound of 2014;
4) BET Award: Best New Artist (2015);
5) Billboard Music Awards: Top New Artist, Top Male Artist, and Top Radio Songs Artist (all in 2015);
6) Brit Awards: Critics’ Choice (2014), British Breakthrough Artist, and Global Success Award (both in 2015);
7) Golden Globe Award: Best Original Song (2016);
8) Grammy Awards: Best New Artist, Best Pop Vocal Album, Record of the Year, and Song of the Year (all in 2015);
9)JUNO Award: International Album of the Year (2015);
10) MOBO Awards: Best Song, Best Video (2013), Best Male Artist, Best Soul/R&B Artist, Best Song, Best Album (2014);
11) Q Award: Best New Artist (2014);
12) Young Hollywood Award: Breakout Music Artist (2014).